odp
73 to 96 of 296 locations
-
Fort Hoofdijk
Fort Hoofdijk Budapestlaan 17
3584 HD Utrecht -
Stoomgemaal Teijlingens Kamerik
Stoomgemaal Teijlingens Kamerik Mijzijde 1
3471 GC Kamerik -
Amelisweerd - Rhijnauwen
Amelisweerd - Rhijnauwen Oud Amelisweerd
Koningslaan 9
3981 HD Bunnik -
Baarn Forest
Baarn Forest Tegenover Paleis Soestdijk, aan de Amsterdamsestraatweg
3744 MA Baarn -
Boundary posts
Boundary posts
In around 1875, the Ministry of War erected some 350 boundary posts along the length of the Kromme Rijn. The blue stone posts, marked with the letter O (for Oorlog, the Dutch word for war) and a number, marked the new route for transporting water to the New Dutch Waterline. The posts used to line up with plot boundaries. Many have been removed over the years, but the water board has returned 18 of them to their original location along the towpath between Werkhoven and Odijk following the construction of an environmentally friendly riverbank.
Jaagpad
Odijk -
Fort Maarsseveen
Fort Maarsseveen Fort Maarsseveen
Herenweg 3
3602 AM Maarssen -
Museum Castle Amerongen
Museum Castle Amerongen Kasteel Amerongen
Drostestraat 20
3958 BK Amerongen -
Wiel van Bassa
Wiel van Bassa Het Wiel van Bassa
Diefdijk -
Amaliastein
Amaliastein Amaliastein
Daunstraat 26
4133 JE Vianen -
Landgoed Zuylestein
Landgoed Zuylestein Rijksstraatweg 7
3956 CH Leersum -
Ouwehands Zoo Rhenen
Ouwehands Zoo Rhenen Ouwehands Dierenpark Rhenen
Grebbeweg 111
3911 AV Rhenen -
Soesterberg Park Air Base
Soesterberg Park Air Base Verlengde Paltzerweg 1
3768 MX Soest -
Groene Entree Hoogstraat
Groene Entree Hoogstraat Hoogstraat 0
3941 MN DOORN -
Utrecht City Hall
Utrecht City Hall Stadhuis Utrecht
Stadhuisbrug 1
3511 JK Utrecht -
Brouwerij Maximus
Brouwerij Maximus Pratumplaats 2A
3454 NA Utrecht -
City Museum Woerden
City Museum Woerden Kerkplein 6
3441 BG Woerden -
Goejanverwelle lock
Goejanverwelle lock
The Goejanverwelle lock and the Enkele Wiericke lock on the Hollandse Ijssel played a key role in the Disaster Year. Together with the lock at Nieuwerbrug on the Oude Rijn, they formed the inlet to the Langeweide polder, which was the narrowest section of the Waterline. The locks were opened on 17 June 1672 – just in time to halt the advance of the French, who had already captured Oudewater and marched right up to the edge of the hastily flooded Waterline. With great promptitude, the commander of the garrison at Goejanverwelle, the Count of Horn, gave the order to raise sconces and fortifications to defend the locks. For the moment, the Waterline was safe!
Goejanverwellesluis
3467 PR Hekendorp -
Visitor Centre De Boswerf
Visitor Centre De Boswerf Prins Bernhardlaan 3
3708 BR Zeist -
TOP Museum Spakenburg
TOP Museum Spakenburg Zuiderzeekade
Spakenburg -
Grachten Galerie
Grachten Galerie Oudegracht 185
3511 NE Utrecht -
Dutch Fortress Museum
Dutch Fortress Museum Het Nederlands Vestingmuseum
Westwalstraat 6
1411 PB Naarden -
TOP Vinkeveense Plassen, Vinkeveen
TOP Vinkeveense Plassen, Vinkeveen Kloosterplein
3645DA Vinkeveen -
Fortresses of the four Lunetten
Fortresses of the four Lunetten Oude Liesbosweg 68
3524 SB Utrecht -
Dom Church
Dom Church
The gothic Dom Church was built as a cathedral for the bishop of Utrecht and dedicated to St. Maarten.
The interior with many lavishly decorated tombs is impressive. The Dom church draws many people daily for a guided tour or a moment of silence and peace. The free Saturday afternoon concerts (3.30 pm) have been a household word in Utrecht for over thirty years.
Domkerk
Domplein 0
3512 JD Utrecht